Friday, December 18, 2020

Time for Digital Transformation

“I applied to every Chick-Fil-A in Texas, which is where I was living at the time, but no store was hiring,” Clark said. “Finally, I was offered a position at a mall unit in Iowa that offered a leadership program to high-achieving employees. I jumped on that opportunity, and it changed my life.”

Working for Chick-Fil-A, Clark began learning the lessons that would eventually help him get into IT and make a lasting career change, although that wasn’t on his radar at the time. He was assigned a mentor who taught him that if he was coachable, hungry for what he wanted and had a whatever-it-takes attitude, he could achieve anything. He thrived at the Iowa store and was accepted into the leadership program in just 3 weeks – a feat which usually takes 3 to 6 months.

“I thought I was just going to be a kitchen manager, but I couldn’t get cybersecurity off of my mind,” Clark explained. “I didn’t have a degree in computer science, so I thought IT wasn't an option for me. Nevertheless, I went to my mentor and admitted my strong desire to work in IT. He encouraged me to go for it.”

Clark genuinely loved working for Chick-Fil-A and set his sights on an IT position at the company’s corporate headquarters in December 2019. The requirements were either a bachelor's degree or 2 years of Chick-Fil-A leadership experience along with 1 year of IT troubleshooting experience.

MOre Info: comptia a+ salary

No comments:

Post a Comment