Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Should I Get an IT Certification

Achieving IT certifications offers a number of benefits, including personal fulfillment, financial growth and a boost in confidence. But most of all, they show employers that you have the ability to focus and learn and that you take your career seriously.

So, what does it take to climb the ranks of IT?

I spoke with a colleague of mine not too long ago, and he made an interesting point.

“If you want to take your career into your own hands, you need a trifecta.”

He was referring to these three things:
Certifications
Experience (Skills)
A Degree

With all three on your resume, there is no reason you can’t have the job of your dreams. When it comes to certifications and skills, here are 10 questions to ask yourself before you decide to chase your next IT certification.
Why should I get an IT certification?

In January, I earned the DevOps Foundation certification. Through this, I learned that the business has to establish its “why” – the purpose, beliefs, goal and reason for doing something. This can also be applied to certifications – what is your purpose, belief, goal or reason for achieving the certification? I apply this to every major decision in my life. Establishing the why puts the goal into focus.
More Info: jobs for a+ certification

No comments:

Post a Comment