Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Pass the CompTIA A+ Exams

I think I know the CompTIA A+ exams. I’ve had a close relationship with the CompTIA A+ Certification dating back to the first time I took the exams way back in 1998.

Since then, I’ve helped close to a million people study for the two exams as an author, instructor and now as a Lynda.com contributor. Over the years, I’ve learned a number of tricks to help folks pass these two broad, but not very deep, tests. Here are my top seven “secrets” to help you knock the A+ exams out of the park.
1. Don’t Panic

The number-one reason people fail the A+ exams isn’t lack of knowledge, it’s test panic. It’s understandable as the A+ exams are most tester’s first certification exam experience. The whole testing center experience is so serious that test takers feel like they are taking some sort of standardized test, like the SAT here in the US or the “A” levels in the UK.

That’s not the case. You can always retake an exam and no one cares – or even notices. I’ve failed almost one-third of my certification exams. If, for some reason you don’t pass one of the exams, you just cough up more cash and retake it.

Trust your knowledge, breathe easy and stay mellow.
2. If you see hoof prints, think horses, not zebras.

This might surprise you, but the second most common reason people fail the A+ exams isn’t lack of knowledge; it’s knowing too much. Crazy, right?

But think about it. A good tech finds many A+ questions nebulous – the exam only wants one answer but you might find two-or-more that you find equally acceptable – so what do you do?
More Info: network plus certification salary

No comments:

Post a Comment